April 23, 2015
- Every crowd, sooner or later, will let you down.
- The crowd contains a shoplifter, or a heckler, or an anonymous boor who leaves a snarky comment.
- The crowd loses interest, the crowd denigrates the work, the crowd isn’t serious.
- Worst of all, sometimes the crowd turns into a mob, out of control and bloodthirsty.
- But people, people are real.
- People will look you in the eye.
- People will keep their promises. People can grow, can change, can be generous.
- When in doubt, ignore the crowd (and forgive them). When possible, look for people instead.
- Scale is overrated, again and again.