Camper Raises Funds for Redfish Lake Dock
Tonight in Hailey
Saturday, April 11th, 2015 starting at 7:00 PM and ending at 9:00
“Strings Attached” will be back to play for our dancing feet. The string band from Twin Falls will be on stage with their contra-dance caller David Quinley. Contra dance is a lively type of folk dance involving social interaction between a long line of dancers. It is an activity for all ages and no partner is necessary. Beginners are welcome as all the steps will be taught. First and foremost, the event is about people and community. It is about meeting new friends, socializing, dancing and having an enjoyable experience together! An optional pre-dance potluck starts at 5:30 pm. Tickets are on sale at the Wood River Sustainability Center in Hailey, the Bellevue General Store in Bellevue and at Nourish Me in Ketchum.
Washing your hands helps you avoid getting sick.
Putting fattening foods out of your reach helps you stay slim.
And the provocations and habits you encounter in the digital world keep you productive (or drive you crazy):
- Turn off mail and social media alerts on your phone.
- Don’t read the comments. Not on your posts or on the posts of other people. Not the reviews and not the trolls.
- De-escalate the anger in every email exchange.
- Put your phone in the glove compartment while driving.
- Spend the most creative hour of your day creating, not responding.
Each habit is hard to swallow and easy to maintain. Worth it.