Time to put on your big boy pants, Mitch.
“No president has ever had so many members of their own party vote to impeach them.”
-Young journalist Gabe Fleisher
From an overnight streaming post on social media from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, speaking to the nihilism of white supremacist violence:
“What claim will you have? That you rule over a destroyed society? That the ashes belong to you?”
‘When black people and their allies exercise freedom of speech, it is called violent insurrection. When white racists carry out violent insurrection, it is called free speech.’
Members of the National Guard rest below the iconic painting of our first president, on the day Congress impeached the 45th.
And the headline we never got to see.
The Bloomberg 50 “lists the icons and innovators who’ve changed the global business landscape in measurable ways over the past year.” Here are the politics honorees:
- Chef José Andrés, founder of World Central Kitchen
- Britain’s Gavin Barwell, chief of staff to Prime Minister Theresa May
- California Attorney General Xavier Becerra
- Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland
- China’s Liu He
- Patagonia CEO Rose Marcario
- White House’s Mick Mulvaney, acting director of Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- The new populists (Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed.)
- Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.)
- The Parkland activists
- Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.)
- The Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund founders (Tina Tchen,Roberta Kaplan, Hilary Rosen, and Fatima Goss Graves)